Are you unsure about your tax situation this year? Not to worry. We’ve put together a list of tax calculators to help you crunch your tax numbers for 2022. Check out our extensive calculator list below and learn how to calculate your AGI, self-employment tax, crypto taxes, and more.
Go-to tax calculators
- Refund Booster1 and W-4 calculator: Would you prefer a big refund at tax time or a smaller refund and more money in your pocket throughout the year? This calculator can help you with either — just answer some questions, and we’ll tell you how to fill out Form W-4 to get your desired results.
- AGI calculator: This calculator helps you estimate your adjusted gross income (AGI) — in other words, your total gross income minus any deductions.
- Income tax calculator: Just answer a few simple questions about your life, income, and expenses. We’ll help you estimate your tax refund for this year based on your answers.
- Tax bracket calculator: Not sure what tax bracket you fall in? No problem. Tell us your filing status and your expected gross income, and we’ll tell you your federal income tax bracket and how much income tax you would owe.
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) calculator: See if you are likely to qualify for this refundable credit, and if so, what credit amount you may be able to claim on your income tax return.
- Inflation rate calculator: Everyone’s been affected by inflation this year. Use our inflation calculator to track the value of a dollar compared to last year — or even 100 years ago.
- Loan calculator: Thinking of taking out a new loan? Before you do, use our loan calculator to determine your monthly loan payments based on your interest rate and loan amount.
- Savings calculator: See how much your savings can grow over time. Whatever you’re saving for, this tool can help you calculate the future value of your savings based on the interest rate, monthly deposit amount, and time period.
Tax calculators for business owners
- Self-employment tax calculator: If you run a profitable side hustle or a small business, you may owe self-employment tax. This calculator can tell you how much Social Security and Medicare taxes you would owe based on your self-employment income for 2022.
- Mileage reimbursement calculator: If you travel for business, you may qualify for mileage reimbursement. Tell us how many miles you drove in the current tax year, and we’ll estimate your total mileage deduction based on the current standard mileage deduction rates.
Tax calculators for investors
- Capital gains calculator: Use this calculator if you sold personal items or stocks last year. This tool can help you calculate the amount of tax you might owe depending on how long you held the asset.
- Bitcoin calculator: Bitcoin value has seen better days lately, which means you might have chosen to sell. If so, use this calculator to find out how much taxes you could owe.
- Crypto tax calculator: Did you sell another kind of cryptocurrency last year? Input a few numbers, and we’ll tell you what the estimated taxes are on your digital currency sales.
Other tax calculators
- Lottery tax calculator: If you’ve ever dreamt of winning the lottery, did you factor taxes into the equation? Here’s how much you would actually take home, whether you choose the lump sum or annuity payments.
- Gift tax calculator: Are there tax implications for giving or receiving gifts? That depends. Use our gift tax calculator to determine whether or not you likely owe any taxes on gifts.
All TaxAct offers, products and services are subject to applicable terms and conditions.
1Refund Booster may not work for everyone or in all circumstances and by itself doesn’t constitute legal or tax advice. Your personal tax situation may vary.
This article was originally published by Taxact.com. Read the original article here.